Monday, August 29, 2011

Giada's Stuffed Shells

I made something amazing last week.  Really, truly amazing.  The best part?  It was so easy!  This is one of those dishes that's quick and easy enough that it's not intimidating to the average home cook, but it's also sophisticated and delicious enough that I would happily serve it at the snootiest of dinner parties.  Behold, Giada De Laurentiis' Turkey and Artichoke Stuffed Shells with Arrabbiata Sauce. Get. In. My. Belly.

I more or less followed the recipe to a T.  The exceptions were:
1. Murder Kroger didn't have frozen artichokes, so I used the jarred ones.  Just be sure to rinse them since you'll be adding your own flavors.
2. They also did not have pancetta.  Come to think of it, I don't believe I've ever seen pancetta in a regular grocery store...  So, I used bacon.  Sweet, delicious bacoooonnnn...


 A tip and a thought:
1. Do follow directions and cook the shells for only 4-5 minutes.  I imagine a minute longer would ruin the dish and turn your shells to mush.  I also always buy Barilla pastas.
2. Next time I might try beef.  Ground turkey is no better for you than lean ground beef and I tend to think beef has more flavor.  I'd be curious to taste the difference.


It was heavenly and this recipe will be put into regular rotation!

No comments:

Post a Comment