Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Le Creuset in Caribbean

It's been a crazy week with extra long work hours for me and Jason has been traveling anyways, so there's not been a lot of cooking taking place.  No one wants a post on the chili dogs I made for dinner on Sunday or the joy of $5 Moe's Mondays or the deliciousness that is Cameli's Greek salad.  So remember in my last post when I said, "Pour into your casserole dish (I'll blog about *that* topic later), top with the remaining cheese, and bake at 350 until nice and bubbly"?  Well, here we go!

My love for casseroles truly started this past Christmas when my brother got me this Le Creuset 14 inch oval casserole dish in Caribbean.  I knew Jason liked his food mixed together and topped with cheese and I obliged time after time, but there is something about this dish that makes my heart smile and makes me want to cook stuff to put in it.  I wanted to take a picture of me hugging it and post it for my readers, but it is so rarely empty that I'm afraid I would make a total mess if I tried!

Take a moment to look at the entire line in Caribbean.  I want every single pot, pan, skillet, bowl, casserole, utensil, stockpot, platter, wok, pitcher, kettle, etc. All shapes and sizes, please.  I would line them all up on the counter and sit and stare at them over a glass of wine.  So beautiful!

Here it is housing a homemade peach cobbler I made at 11pm one night because something needed to be in my dish stat!



Another awesome thing about my fabulous casserole dish?  It came in a box labeled "fra-gee-lay!"  It must be Italian!  (If you've never seen A Christmas Story and don't get that quote, shame on you!)


That's me opening it on Christmas morning 2010.

The moral of the story is, a yummy casserole is a yummy casserole.  But a casserole in a truly gorgeous dish that makes your heart smile is something special.  Find your perfect dish and the one pot shots will follow!

1 comment:

  1. you're right, pretty dishes make cooking that much better. I love the lavender le creuset, especially for blueberry pie in the summer. I love a big red dutch oven for stews in the winter. And Caribbean is an obvious color choice for you!!

    ReplyDelete