Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Foodie to One Pot Shot

I come from a long line of excellent cooks.  When I first began cooking, I watched Food Network for ideas, printed the recipes I saw, then cooked and devoured them. Rinse, digest, and repeat.  I've tackled everything from Julia Childs' souffles to Bobby Flay's grilled lamb with fig-cascabel sauce and everything in between.  Then life intervenes.  Work days become longer, weekends shorter, and you get a boyfriend who appreciates delicious, fancy food but really just wants something he can dump on a plate and reheat for leftovers throughout the week.  And that, friends, is how this One Pot Shot came to be.

Each week I rack my brain on what I can throw together in one pot for the boyfriend.  I won't leave work until after 5.  I might want to squeeze in a quick workout at the gym.  Then I'll need to run to the store.  How can I get dinner on the plate before my trashy 8pm reality TV starts?  Mix some stuff together, top with cheese, and bake!

I'll keep track of my creations here and share some tips and tricks along the way.  Despite these soccer mom meals I'm still a foodie at heart, so I'm sure there will be some 5 star culinary adventure posts along the way too!

No comments:

Post a Comment