Monday, December 19, 2011

Chocolate Chip Cookies

In case you're thinking of baking for the holidays, it doesn't get much better than Tyler Florence's "My Big Fat Chocolate Chip Cookies." My brother is a cookie monster and would eat a dozen of these daily if his girlfriend and I would keep them stocked.  I follow the recipe for the most part. Definitely do not skip on the sifting.  That's what gives them their perfect texture. The only thing I do differently is that I do not chop up 8oz. of chocolate.  I find that is not nearly enough!  I typically use 1/2 bag of Ghiradelli Cacao chocolate chips and 1/2 bag of Ghiradelli semi-sweet chips.  If you're making them for kiddos, I suggest using a full bag of milk chocolate chips.  The more chocolate the better, I say.  (I use about 12oz total. Sometimes more if I have it!) I like for my dough to look something like this:


I'm also a big fan of having the proper tools, which makes baking them so much easier!  I love love love my Silpat and fancy cookie sheet, which were gifts from my brother (think he was giving me a hint?  MORE COOKIES)!


Tyler calls for you to make them big.  I like using an ice-cream scoop to make smaller cookies so they last longer.  Yum yum yum!  Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment