Thursday, October 27, 2011

Not a One Potter - Grilled Salmon

I had a very quick, easy, and healthy dinner this week.  Grilled salmon, baked potatoes, and roasted asparagus.  However, I have a confession... I put the baked potatoes in the microwave.  I'm so ashamed.  I needed dinner on the plate in about 10 minutes, so I didn't have time to do it the right way. The great thing about dinners like this is that you can cook them for just 1 or 2 people.

The asparagus was tossed in olive oil, salt, and pepper and went into the oven set at 400 for about 10 minutes.  The potatoes were thrown in the microwave for about the same amount of time.  I put olive oil, salt, pepper, some Montreal spicy steak seasoning (I swear by the stuff), and lime juice on the salmon and cooked it on my grill pan for about 8-10 minutes.


I would've been really proud of myself for eating so healthy, but I cooked this after I left a bridal shower where I gorged myself on chips, salsa, guacamole, and cheese dip.  Because of that, I only ate about half of my dinner.  This was OK because the boy got to eat the other half of my potato, which pleased him and I had leftover salmon for the most perfect birthday lunch.

No comments:

Post a Comment