Thursday, January 5, 2012

French Pot Roast - In a Slow Cooker

I've been meaning to post this one for a while, but I got sidetracked with the holidays and an impromptu escape to Key West.  My friend Heather pinned this on Pinterest and I immediately repinned it to my own board.  I left work one day at lunch and threw it all in the crockpot. Definitely couldn't whip up Julia's boeuf bourguignonne in that amount of time, huh? http://recipes.womenshealthmag.com/Recipe/french-pot-roast.aspx


It was good.  Not great.  Just good.  But it was easy and there weren't any leftovers, so it was still a success.  I originally served it with buttered egg noodles and roasted broccoli, but the bf ate it for numerous lunches with some leftover mashed potatoes (which he preferred, I think).


I definitely added more peas and mushrooms and onions than it called for.  It just still tasted like it was missing something to me.  Given that it's from Women's Health magazine, maybe the problem is just that it didn't have enough fattening deliciousness for my tastebuds?

No comments:

Post a Comment